Saturday, June 6, 2009

Priceless...

Last month I was home for Mother's Day. We had a cookout and Mom said we should call Winnie and ask her to come have dinner with us and spend time catching up. It had been probably 3 years since I'd seen her and I was so excited she said she could come visit.

I think the last time I saw Winnie was when we all drove to Hap & Don's to see Carol when I was on my way home. I was really happy we went because it was the last time I got to see Carol. I always enjoyed myself going to Kentucky to see them.

Winnie said she had found some old photos and tapes that Charlie had and wanted to know if I'd like to post the photos on my blog. Well, nothing pleased me more! As most of you know, I was pretty close to Charlie and Winnie especially on June 3rd when Charlie and I both shared a birthday. I really miss him. I'd always get a call first thing on my birthday. I miss him and I miss the calls.

So.. I sit here scanning in these photos as I listen to the tapes of our reunions in Kentucky in '82, '84 and '88. LOL you can hear Uncle Wayne all through the tapes! Too funny... Thank Charlie for leaving these precious gifts for us to enjoy!


Mommy Shannon, Winnie Miller and Poppy Shannon.

Poppy Shannon, Charlie Miller, Mommy Shannon and I think that's Hap Shannon.

Mommy Shannon, Charlie Miller and Poppy Shannon.


This is way too funny.. You know Charlie just set the timer and ran to the couch real quick for the picture. LOL... He was the best!
Charlie Miller, Winnie Miller, Uncle Noah Miller, David Miller, Poppy Shannon, Mommy Shannon and Aunt Olive Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment